What is a cookie?
Cookies are files that are downloaded to the user’s terminal (computer / smartphone / tablet) when accessing certain web pages and stored in the user’s memory. Cookies allow, among other things, store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or his team, see which pages are visited, the time of connection, analyze the operation of a page, if there are technical problems, etc. Depending on the information they contain and the way in which the terminal is used, they can be used to recognize the user.
What types of cookies are there?
There are several types of cookies based on different criteria:
Depending on the ownership:
Own cookies: Those that belong to MESbook.
Third party cookies: Those that are owned by a third party, other than MESbook, who will be the one who processes the information collected.
Depending on its purpose:
– Technical cookies: Are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the broadcast videos or sound or share content through social networks.
– Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
– Cookies of analysis: Are those that well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service offered. To do this, we analyze your browsing on our website in order to improve the offer of products or services we offer you.
– Advertising cookies: These are those that, whether processed by us or by third parties, allow us to manage in the most efficient way possible the offer of the advertising spaces on the website, adapting the content of the advertisement to the content of the requested service or to the use you make of our website. For this we can analyze your browsing habits on the Internet and we can show you advertisements related to your browsing profile.
– Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
What is a cookie for?
Cookies are used to offer personalized services and / or advertising, to analyze the operation of the system, recognize you when you access as a user, locate incidents and problems that may arise and solve them in the shortest time possible, as well as analyze and measure the use and activity of the website.
Is my consent needed to implement a cookie?
No, consent is required for the installation of technical cookies or those that are strictly necessary for the provision of a service of the information society expressly requested by the recipient.
For the rest, the consent of the interested party is required and can be requested in different ways. In the case of MESbook, it will be deemed granted if you continue to use the website, without prejudice that at any time you can revoke it and deactivate the cookies.
What types of cookies does the MESbook website use?
The following table shows the different categories of cookies that our Services use and why we use them. The lists of third-party cookie providers are intended to be merely illustrative and not exhaustive.
|Cookie Type||Objective||Who does it serve?|
|Platform functionalities||These cookies (including local storage) help us to grant a quality in our services included in the Platform as well as allow the use and follow-up of the support and help tools enabled in the Platform.||
|Investigation and Analytics||These cookies are used to understand, investigate and improve the platform whether it is accessed via the web or via the mobile application. We can use these cookies to understand how users use the platform and the various functions within it with the aim of detecting faults and possibilities for improving them.|
How can I disable cookies?
Thus, it is possible to block cookies through the browser’s configuration tools, or each user can configure their browser to notify them when a server wants to save a cookie:
If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, you will find the option in the menu Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Settings. To learn more visit this link.
If you use Firefox, you will find the option in the menu Tools> Options> Privacy> Cookies. To learn more visit this link.
If you use Chrome, in the Options> Advanced options> Privacy section. To know more visit this link
If you use Opera, in the Security and Privacy option, you can configure the browser. To know more visit this link
If you use Safari you will find the option in the Preferences / Privacy menu. To know more visit this link