1. General Principle
What is a cookie?
Cookies are files that are downloaded to the user's terminal (computer/smartphone/tablet) when accessing certain web pages and are stored in the user's memory. Cookies allow, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment, to see which pages are visited, the connection time, analyse the functioning of a page, if there are technical problems, etc. Depending on the information they contain and the way in which the terminal is used, they can be used to recognise the user.
What types of cookies are there?
There are several types of cookies depending on different criteria:
Depending on ownership:
Own cookies: Those belonging to MESbook.
Third-party cookies: Those owned by a third party, other than MESbook, which will process the information collected.
According to their purpose:
- Technical Cookies: These are those that allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist on it such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchasing process of an order, making the application for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing content for the broadcasting of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: These cookies allow the user to access the service with certain general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are cookies that are either processed by us or by third parties and allow us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service offered. To do this, your browsing on our website is analysed in order to improve the range of products or services that we offer.
- Advertising Cookies: These are those that, either processed by us or by third parties, allow us to manage as effectively as possible the supply of advertising space on the website, adapting the content of the advertisement to the content of the service requested or to the use you make of our website. To this end, we can analyse your Internet browsing habits and we can show you advertising related to your browsing profile.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These are cookies that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on user behaviour obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed to display advertising based on the same.
What is a cookie for?
Cookies are used to offer personalised services and/or advertising, analyse the functioning of the system, recognise you when you log in as a user, locate incidents and problems that may arise and resolve them as quickly as possible, as well as to analyse and measure the use and activity of the website.
Is my consent necessary for a cookie to be set?
No, consent is required for the installation of technical cookies or those that are strictly necessary for the provision of an information society service expressly requested by the recipient.
For the rest, the consent of the interested party is required, which can be requested in different ways. In the case of MESbook, it will be understood to be granted if you continue to use the website, without prejudice to the fact that you may revoke it at any time and deactivate the cookies.
What types of cookies does the MESbook website use?
The following table shows the different categories of cookies used by our Services and why we use them. The lists of third party cookie providers are intended to be illustrative only and are not exhaustive.
|TYPE OF COOKIE||OBJECTIVE||WHO DOES IT SERVE?|
|Platform functionalities||These cookies (including local storage) help us to ensure the quality of our services included on the Platform, as well as to enable the use and monitoring of the support and help tools enabled on the Platform.|
|Research and analysis||These cookies are used to understand, research and improve the platform whether accessed via the web or the mobile application. We may use these cookies to understand how users use the platform and the various functions within it in order to identify bugs and opportunities for improvement.|
How can I disable cookies?
Thus, it is possible to block cookies through the browser configuration tools, or each user can configure their browser to notify them when a server wants to save a cookie:
If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, you will find the option in the menu Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Settings. To find out more, visit this link.
If you use Firefox, you will find the option in the menu Tools> Options> Privacy> Cookies. To find out more visit this link.
If you use Chrome, in the section Options> Advanced options> Privacy. To find out more visit this link.
use Opera, in the Security and Privacy option, you can configure the browser. To find out more visit this link.
If you use Safari, you will find the option in the Preferences / Privacy menu. To find out more visit this link.