Logistics digitization or digitization of the logistics enterprise has become a key tool for improving transportation efficiency and supply chain management. Information and communications technologies (ICT) have transformed operations in the logistics sector, enabling businesses to optimize the delivery of products and services, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction.
The digitization of logistics involves the use of advanced technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), automation, robotics, cloud and real-time data analytics to improve visibility, efficiency and innovation in logistics management.
With logistics digitization, companies, industries and factories can track the movement of products in real time, improve planning and coordination, as well as optimize inventory management and delivery. In addition, the carbon footprint can be reduced by managing transports more efficiently and reducing transit times.
What is logistics digitization?
Logistics digitization refers to the implementation of digital technologies in the management of operations and processes related to the supply chain. This includes the use of inventory and order management software, real-time tracking and monitoring of product location and status, order preparation and shipping, and automation of shipping and delivery processes.
The digitization of industrial logistics allows greater efficiency in the processes, improving the visibility and control of the supply chain, which is why it is also called simply the digitization of the supply chain. It also helps to reduce costs and errors associated with manual management, as digitization of logistics provides data reliability. It also offers greater flexibility and adaptability to market demands.
These are its main characteristics:
- Automation: assists in the automation of processes, reducing the need for human intervention in repetitive tasks and improving supply chain efficiency.
- Data analytics: it also serves to collect and analyze large amounts of data in real time, enabling more informed decision making and improved supply chain performance.
- Route optimization: logistics digitization enables companies to optimize their delivery routes, which improves efficiency, reduces delivery time and minimizes costs.
- Real-time tracking: provides real-time product tracking, enabling companies to track products throughout the supply chain, improving visibility, transparency and ensuring product traceability.
- Improved customer experience: enables companies to deliver a personalized and high quality experience to customers by tracking products and delivering them in a timely manner.
Main advantages of supply chain digitization
Logistics digitization refers to the process of using digital technology to automate and improve logistics processes at all stages of the supply chain, from order planning and tracking to final delivery to the customer.
Today, many companies are adopting logistics digitization in their operations, and this is due to the following advantages:
- It promotes efficiency by optimizing logistics processes, from production planning to the final delivery of products. By implementing automated systems, companies can reduce the time it takes to perform manual tasks and improve accuracy and real-time response.
- Improves visibility: allows companies to have complete visibility of the supply chain. This allows them to be aware of any problems in real time, make decisions and act immediately. It also helps to identify areas for improvement and take specific actions to correct problems.
- Reduce costs: Logistics digitization helps reduce costs by eliminating manual tasks and reducing human error. It can also reduce the time it takes to complete logistics tasks and processes.
- Increases customer satisfaction: Providing a faster, more accurate and reliable experience improves customer satisfaction. Shoppers can track their orders in real time and receive accurate and timely delivery updates.
- Improves sustainability: helps reduce waste and carbon footprint. Automation reduces the amount of paper used and the use of fossil fuels.
In summary, logistics digitization is a valuable tool for any company and industry looking to improve efficiency, visibility, reduce costs, improve customer satisfaction and become more sustainable.
It is an investment that can significantly improve a company's efficiency and operating results.
Find software for the logistics digitization of your industry
In Mesbook we have a software specially designed for warehouse management and therefore supply, stock, chain and processes, distribution and transportation, delivery and more.
This Warehouse Management Software - WMS controls and optimizes all processes, and is connected to the factory and all communication, management and control systems.
Some of the tasks it can help you with are:
- Inventory reliability: physical movement is translated into real-time computerized movement. The same goes for traceability and stock.
- Efficiency: of course, it maximizes efficiency thanks to the fluidity and time improvement.
- Analysis: allows the analysis of movements, traceability, efficiency, distribution...
Our Warehouse Management Software - WMS also includes inbound and outbound management, material preparation and all location, internal logistics and stock management.
These are just some of its main features, applications and advantages. If you want to know more, contact us so we can provide you with more information and explain its adaptability and how it could help you in your sector and industry .
Product Manager at MESbook
Industrial organization engineer with 4 years of experience in real-time factory management as KAM.